Made a video
Rumours From Elsewhere Demo
A downloadable game for Windows
Savour a taste of the mysterious and ancient world of Elsewhere in our demo
Anyone who dares to enter the door of Elsewhere, hero or fiend alike, faces the opportunity to earn their greatest desire but at the cost of perilous adventure against ferocious creatures and otherworldly monsters. Along your journey you will discover powerful amulets, potions and deadly weapons, to use as you so wish.
The full game of Rumours From Elsewhere will feature 10 levels and 10 playable characters. This demo allows you to explore just the first of these levels - the blistering desert temple ruin with its warren of dangerous tunnels - playing only as the first playable character - the blackguard Highwayman seeking the thrill of one final adventure.
The weapon and trinket crafting system is not available in this demo. Whilst the full game of Rumours From Elsewhere can be played with a friend on local co-op, this demo is single-player only.
Minimum System Requirements (Windows only)
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core i5 4460 3.3GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 or GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon R9 290
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1.3 GB available space
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Round two. Definitely seemed a bit more frustrating this time around, and a lot of that feels like its due to the lack of incentive to get into combat, lack of defensive options and some of the issues with the fluidity of platforming.
Thanks for another review video CoalFire, we enjoyed watching you play the demo!
Just a couple things we think you're missing about the demo:
- Noticed you're not using the jump slash attack at all (Y on the controller), this is a great attack for clearing ledges of enemies as it can be done in the air. You can also dash through enemies. The defensive attack can be very effective too if you learn to use it properly (TIP: practice parrying the Living Statue enemy).
- Whether you want to engage in combat or not is up to the player, as you saw at the beginning, the main quest to find three chests and open the door. So basically, stay alive through whatever means necessary to explore the level, find what you need and achieve this goal. In the full game, enemy drops are used for crafting new weapons and trinkets but unfortunately this functionality isn't in the demo.
-There is saving and loading functionality in the demo, however if you die - you die (as per the roguelite genre). Collected materials are maintained after death, which obviously is useful for crafting in the full game but not a big deal in the demo.
We'd love to see you complete the demo if you can 😉 It's pretty challenging but very possible!
So, I didn't make it very far in honestly. There is so much thrown into your lap right at the very start that it can be hard getting a grip on what is going on and what is available to the player. Even though this is a demo, a tutorial would go a long way in easing that divide. That all being said, I had a ton of fun with what I did figure out. The combat is simple but hectic, the world is beautiful and I was always curious as to what was going to come from off screen. A really solid demo that just needs to inform the player a bit more! Detailed feedback at the end of the vid! Hope it's useful!
Hey thanks for an awesome video, we really enjoyed watching it!
We're planning to update the demo very soon with an extra help screen to help first-time players get started. But mostly the demo should be played in the expectation of dying many, many, many times as you experiment and explore the level (we'll still be adding that extra help screen though!).
Concerning the EULA, do we have permission do make videos on this? 2.a makes it seem like we expressly cannot.